Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Summer Fun

We've been having a fun summer so far...We do a lot of stuff with Luke, which Jake loves...and we see lots of other kids between mom's club and a craft club that I started weekly at my house.

Here's Luke, Jake, and Jake (that's what happens when you choose the #1 baby name:) at the beach. The other Jake is Luke's cousin, but is in our ward and in nursery with Jake...so they have become buds too.
Here we are at Buccanner Bay...this water park that they built nearby.
This took a little forcing...I got a little embarassed at what people were thinking of me when I pried my screaming child's fingers off me and pushed him down the water slide. I just knew he would like it if he did it once...and sure enough, I was right...he must have gone down that slide 30 times while we were there.
At the movies for Toy Story 3
We've gone to a couple Angel games this summer. After the first one where Jake saw the fireworks show...it's all he could talk about. I mean literally...he would talk about it every hour of every day for a whole month. I even recorded it on my phone, and he watches it constantly...it's always my back up plan if he's being cranky when we're running errands...give him the fireworks show on my phone...and I won't hear another peep:) His obsession with it has seemed to calm down a little since we went to a game again last week, and finally satisfied his addictive need to see fireworks again.

I got a slip n slide and a splash pool for our backyard and we've been having lots of fun going out there.
Jake likes to drink the water
His other obsession right now is Hot Wheels cars. He must always have several gripped in each hand...and LOVES to play with them and make them race around.
more Toy Story

Playing with cups in the sink...now I just need to teach him how to load dishes in the dishwasher...hmmm
This is at his cousin's birthday party with Tarin and Sean
I was on the computer and thought Jake was quietly playing with cars in his room...wrong! I should know by now to never trust him when he's being quiet:) I found him squeezing Desitin into the holes on the Lego box...and smearing it all over himself too. That was fun to clean up...

And now for the house update. We got the wall finished. This is the entryway when you walk in the front door.

Here's the french doors closed...all I need to do is put the door casing around them.
We've got the ceiling finished and the recessed lighting done in the family room.
And here's our next project that we're beginning. We are bumping out this wall to be even with the wall the french doors are on. That will make our kitchen a lot bigger. We're going to have to change the window that those oh-so-beautiful blinds are on because the new wall will run into the middle of it. So we will be reframing it for a smaller window. So here goes another wall change!

3 comments:

Tricia Harper said...

Luisa the house looks so great! The stuff you bought at RodWorks looks so good! I love the thing over the french doors and the entry way. You guys are doing such a good job!

Kim said...

you guys are off to a fun summer! the desitin thing reminds me when i thought Brody was napping and came in the find him smearing vaseline all overe his room! i was still finding large smudges months later! ps- your house is looking beautiful!

Lauren said...

i feel like i've seen those summer pictures before...somewhere. haha. i love that picture of jake w/ the desitin. did he pull that out of jordyn's playbook of destruction? that sounds like something she's done before but w/ toothpaste and conditioner. loving the house remodeling. jeff just informed me that he wouldn't be surprised if you guys moved again sometime in the near future. What??? gotta love the Pfiz.