Okay, so I think we can all see here that we have a picture (from Ballys Gym brochure) of what working out with a personal trainer might be like. Doesn't it look fun? I mean, we see the girl working out with a smile on her face as she happily does the exercise the trainer is having her do. And by her slim physique we can see how the training must really be paying off for her.
I am here to attest that this picture is a complete and utter fraud! I signed up for personal training at Ballys Gym 5 weeks ago, and let me be the first to tell you those training sessions are not a pretty sight...rather than the happy model shown in the picture, I can tell you that during any one session I look either:
A) Scared, because I am sure that I will be dying sometime within the hour
B) Like I'm in pain, because...well, I am
C) Like I'm about to faint, because...well, I am
D) Like I'm having a panic attack, because I think I might faint and/or die (refer to
parts (A) & (C) above)
E) Like I'm crying, because I'm having an emotional breakdown
F) Grossed out, because sometimes I throw up a little bit in my mouth
G) Angry, because I can't understand why I'm paying this person to torture me
H) Hungry, because I am
I) All of the Above
I'd like to see Bally's give a more realistic portrait of what personal training is so that people know what they're getting into...show the model hobbling around like a handicapped person over the weekends...show the model driving through Krispy Kreme on her way home from the gym because she needs to do comfort eating from the array of emotions she experienced during the session...show her praying in her car as she drives to the gym, asking God to not let her die...
Now I'm not saying I've personally done any of the things described in the last paragraph...these are just things I've heard:)
Jan 15th, 2017
9 years ago
8 comments:
Is it possible for you to make me laugh harder than I did with your personal trainer post! I am sure you look like a super model!
Proud of all your hard work--since the most I get in these days is a walk! Bet Marc likes it :) ha
I think I just laughed harder than I ever have in my life. I seriously still have tears streaming down my face. I read it once laughing hysterically and then tried to read it to my roommate but apparently she couldn't understand me because I was laughing too hard. I have one to add though J) Confusion - wondering if your female trainer is actually hitting on you.
I am laughing pretty hard myself! I knew there was a reason that I never went to the gym.
Ashley, just promise me next time that you get a trainer and if they are talking about your gluteus maximus muscle...that you now will know it isn't appropriate for them to grab hold of it (with their hands OR their teeth)
I promise I understand now.
I love that description of your experience because I always see those commercials and think- man! if there was a gym like that out here my problems would be solved! good to know it would be the start of a whole bunch of new issues. And Ashley- I still maintain that I would be flattered if my trainer bit my butt! :)
oh luisa, i think i just wet my pants i'm laughing so hard. i always wondered what it would be like to have a personal trainer.
(I saw the link to your page on a comment on rach's site - hope you don't mind if i check back every once in awhile).
Oh that was great! I was laughing SO hard because last night after my run...I ran back to my apartment and made a big batch of chocolate chip cookies for comefort food because I was SO proud of myself for working out. I am definitely going to need a personal trainer after that batch...or maybe not based on what you say :)
Post a Comment