Tonight I seriously thought I must be living in a sitcom with my husband. I can't even begin to understand what was going on in his head with this. Here is what happened:
I'd been cleaning the house in the evening. I had rented a chick flick, Nights in Rodanthe, and was looking forward to sitting down and watching it. It was about 9:00. Marc said he'd watch it with me and I wanted to start watching it before it got too late. I went in the kitchen looking for some dessert item to eat. Marc saw me open the freezer. Here are direct quotes from our conversation:
Marc: Are you looking for ice cream?
Me: Yeah, but we don't have any except for chocolate (which I don't care for).
Marc: Why don't you go to the store and get some?
Me: No, its ok. I'll eat something else. I don't want to go to the store right now.
Marc: (Trying to coax me) Babe, you know you want ice cream right now.
Me: No I really don't care. I'll eat something else. I just want to sit down and watch the movie.
Marc: (He got up and grabbed a coupon). Look, you can even use the rewards money from
Ralphs. You'll be getting it for free. You know you want to go get it.
Me: I really don't care about ice cream. I'm tired, I just want to sit down.
Marc: Cmon babe...just go. You know you want it.
Me: It sounds like you really want it. We have chocolate ice cream. Why don't you just have that?
Marc: You can't just have chocolate by itself...you have to have chocolate with another flavor. Cmon babe, just go to the store real fast and get some.
Me: I seriously don't feel like going. (about a 2 minute pause with him making pleading eyes at
me) Ok, I will go to the store for you. I wouldn't be going if it were just for me. But I'll go for
you.
So I went to the store since he made such a big deal about it and obviously was really wanting some ice cream and just trying to act like I really wanted it too. He really wanted Peanut Butter Madness and so I got that and another flavor. By the time I got back home it was an hour later (because of course you end up doing other shopping even though I was only going for ice cream). I dished myself some ice cream and went and sat down and put the movie in. Suddenly, I smelled toast being made and he comes in the room and sits down with 2 pieces of toast. Here is the dialogue continued:
Me: (Very confused) Why are you eating toast? You're going to have ice cream right?
Marc: (As if absolutely nothing weird is going on) No
Me: (Completely speechless with my jaw hanging open)
Marc: (Genuinely wondering what is wrong with me) What?
Me: (Still completely speechless with my jaw hanging open)
Marc: (nervous laughter cuz he's starting to catch on he might be doing something that is upsetting me)
Me: I'm in complete shock right now. You've got to be kidding me.
Marc: (Still looking genuinely confused) Are you upset?
Me: I don't even know what to say to you. How after all of that, is it that you aren't eating ice cream? I went to the store for you.
Marc: You did? I thought you wanted it.
Ok, seriously, were we even having the same conversation? Are we on completely different planets?? This went on for another 10 minutes before I finally said I didn't care how full he was from the toast...he is eating ice cream. I went and got him some and made him eat it. And then he looked at the clock and goes, "Isn't it a little late to be starting the movie?"
Jan 15th, 2017
9 years ago
8 comments:
Lu, once again you have me in tears 'cuz i'm laughing so hard; however, can totally relate! once in fl we passed a ghiradelli's & i was pregnant & in one of those moods where it smelled really good, but didn't want whole cone myself. next thing i knew chris bought me a waffle cone & his own & i was so stubborn that i made him eat both all by himself just to prove how adament i was about not wanting one in first place-ugh! yours is more classic 'cuz you recorded word for word, but same idea:) just be grateful he's around to watch a movie with you-esp chick flick!
Oh that is so funny. I totally burst out laughing. Seriously?
lol! so typical... whatcha gonna do?
:)
Marc...Marc....Marc....
I'm frustrated with Marc by just reading this post.
It's all the Pfizer training. They are dangerous weapons. Masters of persuasion.
hahaha thank you for the good laugh- you are the best storyteller I know
Luisa- that is so funny! Your baby has gotten so big and cute. Hope you are doing well.
Post a Comment