Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The many faces of Jake

People tell me Jake is so full of expression with all the faces he makes. I don't really know any different since he's my only child...but he sure does go through a wide range of expressions in any given day. Here's some of them:

This is his latest expression...he will just randomly look at you and scowl. He's not really upset, he'll laugh right after doing it. He just keeps working on perfecting the scowl for when he really needs it I guess.

Being silly

"Huh?" He says "huh?" to almost everything we say to him.

Jake when he's not happy

Jake happy and laughing This is the face he makes when you say, "Jake can you smile?"
Silly yelling and playing
Zoning when he's tired...or maybe just completely utterly bored
This his pucker up for a kiss faceThis is contentment...he's got his favorite things: his banky, something small to hold in his hands (in this case it's the lens cap to the camera...but it can be anything like chapstick or one of my rubber stamps), and he's sitting on his couch
"Deer caught in the headlights" look I get most times when I try to take a picture of him...but still cute
Very happy

My favorite look (I need to get a better picture capturing this look)...it's the "I don't understand what just happened/betrayal/I think that hurt" look. He does this look when he trips and falls, if I take something from him, if I accidentally bump him in any way, or if something sort of slightly hurt him. It's so funny to me.

11 comments:

trimarie said...

I LOVE IT!!!! What a face! An actor in the making, maybe. When he scowls he looks like Marc, but when he was laughing he looked like your dad. And I cannot get over the "hurricane". Give him a big kiss and hug for me. xxoo

Natalie said...

He is so cute Luisa! I can't believe how much older he is looking too.

Rach said...

Aww, I miss Jake, he is so cute! It's true though, that little kids make tons of faces!

Jill said...

That is a really cute post.

Anonymous said...

That is a pretty cute kid you've got.

Monica Hudson said...

Great post! So fun to capture all of his looks at this age - he has quite a range of expressions! Such a cutie!

Lauren said...

I can't believe how much bigger he looks. No longer a baby. He does have many faces...you weren't kidding. My favorite is the scowl look.

The Shaws said...

Jacobo is so cute!

Veronica said...

I think we would need to have our cameras around our necks 24/7 to capture all their different looks! Too cute!

Lauren said...

Oh Luisa I miss him! And you too! It's like we saw you so much right in a row and now it's been so long and he's so different! Love you guys!

Brittany said...

I LOVE the one when you tell him to smile! Those are always hilarious.