A couple weeks ago Marc and I went to the Brad Paisley concert in Bakersfield. This concert had been a long time coming, since Marc surprised me with tickets to the concert back on Mother's Day! So I was very excited. He had joined the fan club to buy the tickets, which they don't tell you your seats...so when we arrived we had no idea where we'd be sitting. But they ushered us to our seats right next to the runway that comes out from the mainstage and only 6 rows back from the mainstage...it was awesome, and so fun to watch him jam on his guitar so upclose.
The opener was Dierks Bentley, which I now understand why girls are all in love with him. He is a cutie.
This shows how we were right next to the runway...I could have tripped him if I wanted to...but I decided to refrain from doing that:)

Here's a cool shot of him and the band playing on his song Water
I was so happy to be at his show in Bakersfield, because Brad got a lot of help in his career from Buck Owens, who I used to work for at his restaurant The Crystal Palace. Brad started the show with a medley of Buck songs (which I know all the words to after hearing them a million times every weekend night). And then at the end of the show Brad brought Dierks out and told him that he had talked to Buck the day he died and Buck was wanting to meet Dierks who he was very impressed by. Brad gave Dierks one of the last infamous Buck red white and blue guitars. So Dierks jammed with Brad again on the red white and blue guitar. And Brad ended the show with a Buck song. It was just really fun for me to be there for that since Buck and his music was a part of my life too that I have such fond memories of.


8 comments:
How fun!! What an awesome concert to be at, especially with so many personal ties. Love that pic of you on the big screen - you are so much fun!
Ahhhh Buck Owens! What a fun thing for you. I love Brad Paisley and had no idea he had ties to Buck. I remember when you worked at the Crystal Palace! What fun! I too love the pic of you on the big screen and the one of Brad rocking out on his guitar.
So so much fun!!! I love Brad and Dierks- imagine if you would have tripped him...I am laughing just at the thought :) Great gift Marc! Happy Mothers day lu :)
How fun Luisa! What an awesome concert to go to. I love Brad Paisley too. I also love that you thought of tripping him...that's why I love Luisa! :-)
wow, you guys got hooked up w/ great seats. i love brad.
Wow! Fun concert, I bet. I can't believe you caught yourself on the big screen!
Props to Marc for the Mother's Day gift. BTW, hope your craft party went well!
That is such a fun story! What an awesome concert for such a Buck fan!
Post a Comment