So I realize I've had you "staying posted" for longer than should be expected...I've been unpacking still and planning and throwing Jake a birthday party. But here are the pics from our cruise. I can't believe only a couple weeks ago I was in the Caribbean!! Oh how I miss it:)

Our first port was Nassau, Bahamas.

This is the Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island (which is connected to Nassau with a bridge). We walked through the whole resort...I would definitely go back just to that resort for a vacation.

We planned to do the dolphin interaction as an excursion at the Atlantis Resort. I have always wanted to do this. It was as cool as I thought it'd be...I only wish it had lasted longer. There is just something amazing about being up close with a dolphin and playing with them in the water. It made me want to be a trainer:) I made Marc do it with me, which he wasn't all that excited about, and he was surprised at how cool he thought it was.

They have the dolphins jump and do tricks right in front of you.

And you get to rub their back, feed them fish, hug and kiss them, and do hand signals that tell them to do tricks, and just play with them in the water. I'm SO glad we did it.

Back on the ship, we had one day at sea until our next port. Here's a couple pics of the ship. We liked laying out on the chairs along the railings looking out to the ocean. We watched movies on this big screen at night.

The water slides were pretty fun too.
Here's a formal night
Our next port was at St. Thomas.
We went scuba diving. We bought an underwater camera that was lame...water got into it and messed up our pictures. But this one of us kind of came out. It wasn't as tropical looking as we thought it would be, but we still did see some tropical fish. And we were glad just to go diving again. We hadn't been in 5 years.
After scuba diving, we took a taxi to the world famous Magen's Bay. It's world famous, so we couldn't miss not seeing it. I'm glad we did. We got there around 4:30, and no one was there anymore. But the shop and food counter was still open...so we felt like we had the beach almost to ourselves. We had dinner there and went in the water. It really is beautiful there.
It was so easy to float on your back in that water.
Our third port was St. Maarten. Here's us getting off the ship.
We did this excursion where you are on an America's Cup sailboat racing against two others. It felt good to be out sailing on the water. Everyone had assignments on the sailboat. The funny thing about sailboat races, is you can't just sail straight ahead. You have to tack back and forth in a zigzag pattern to the finish line. And so all three boats are doing opposite zigzag patterns and you have no idea who is winning or losing...kind of a funny way to race. So we came in 3rd and had no idea until they told us...oh well.
Seriously, look how blue this water is! It was my favorite thing about the Caribbean...I was constantly amazed at how blue it was.

After the sailing we headed to the beach for the rest of the day.
So I planned on gaining 5 pounds on the cruise, and I held true to my goal for reasons like this:
Seriously, the food and desserts were delicious! I think a cruise is the only place where there isn't shame in ordering two appetizers, two dinners and two desserts. Or should I be embarassed I just wrote that??Speaking of food, the real reason Marc wanted to go on a cruise again was for the 24 hour soft serve. He's in heaven with that. He would get 5-7 a day...no lie.
You gotta love the towel animals waiting in your room every night.
So after St. Maarten, we had two days at sea going back to Cape Canaveral, Florida. We went to shows, the comedy club, karaoke, we played blackjack a little, and of course just laid out and read our books and relaxed. We booked a tour getting off the ship that took us to see Kennedy Space Center since our flight home wasn't until the evening. I am so glad we did, because it was awesome. It is so worth going there. You are seeing real rockets and spaceships and lunar modules that have been on the moon. You just can't believe it while you are seeing it. And we drove out to the launch area and saw a rocket that was getting ready for launch. It was just really cool to see it all with your own eyes and take in the fact that astronauts leave from there to go to outer space.
It was such a relaxing and fun vacation. And while the day before we were home I started missing Jake like crazy, for most of the trip I didn't even feel like a mom. We went on a cruise for our honeymoon six years ago, and this time it felt exactly the same. We had to keep reminding ourselves that we've had 6 years of life together and a child back at home. But I think that means the vacation was a success, right?:)

5 comments:
I can't believe how blue that water is. It looks amazing!
Almost didn't see the new post!! It was back dated on my google reader, but glad I saw it! Looks like an amazing trip. I especially love the picture of you kissing the dolphin- what fun memories!! Cruise food is the BEST :) Glad you made the most of the money and got lots of it :)
Great pictures! I'm so glad you did the dolphin encounter. I've always wanted to do that! I'm glad it was a successful vacation. :)
HHow FUNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love the pics! And the dolphins. Showed the boys and they are sooo jealous haahaa. Glad you guys had a great time :)). I still want to see your dress though :)
Man I am so jealous, I love cruises and I am totally with your hubby about the soft serve!! Gotta love the food 24 hours a day!
Post a Comment