Before I get to house updates, I thought I'd embarass Marc with a photo (since he's seeing me posting this right now and telling me not to show him looking like a dork). One night while I was gone Marc and Jake were having fun making silly faces at the camera. Jake was taking pictures of Marc:
And Marc was taking pictures of Jake...I just thought this was too cute of them. They had a ton of silly faces, taking turns back and forth. I'll spare you...but seriously, how cute!
With the house we've been moving more slowly on it because we've had other stuff going on...plus I had PMS and proclaimed one emotional day that I was done doing another lick of work on the house. Funny how a couple days later I saw no problem with getting back to work on the house...hmmm
So Marc and Kenneth took out our window in the family room, and put in one that's half it's size (This is so that we can bump out the wall to make the kitchen bigger). It just so happened to be one of the hottest days of summer, and since the wall had a gaping hole in it for most the day, we weren't running the a/c...lots of sweating on this day:)
The new window is in, but all the finishing work on it isn't done, so I'll post a picture when it's complete.

We got a new dining table (don't worry, I'm not keeping those chairs:) Got to find new ones. But I'm so excited about having a pretty table. Poor Jake is confused why all the sudden he's been threatened with time outs for banging his silverware on the table, when before I couldn't have cared less. I also am working on painting the walls...this room has a greenish/grey.
Here's me grouting the tile floor in the master bathroom.
I've made very little progress in the bathroom since then. I've kind of been at a standstill because I wanted to paint the walls before putting in the vanity and backsplash. The owners before us painted water based paint on top of oil based paint, so it was peeling up. Some of it came off really easily, but a lot of it is coming off inch by inch. So hopefully I'll get it figured out soon. But we placed the vanity in there because I was sick of having it in our entryway:)
9 comments:
work work work! your house is looking great - so is jake!
You house is looking awesome. I understand the not wanting to work on the house anymore. Ours is pretty much done, except we still don't have lights in the kitchen. We have one in the dinning room and one over the sink, but that's it. But we just decided to scrap the idea of can lighting and lights hanging over the bar for now and worry about it later.
it looks impressive to me. I'm understanding more the term "sweat equity" just by looking at your blog.
You know I love it when you post! Your blog is so great I think everyone will be sad when your house is finished!
So stinking cute! I need to for sure make it to craft club next week so I can witness the magic in person!
It's looking great. But, you forgot to mention all my "hard" work on labor day. Forget all that labor, I think you and I spent it the way it was meant to be. ;)
The tile looks great. Can't believe I didn't go look at it when I was there last.
I can't wait to come see your house! All your renos look great and seem so practical, I feel sorry for the poor people before you who lived there without light. Your vanity is really pretty too.
Hahahaha that is sooo cute! I can't wait to see your beautiful home :))
Post a Comment