So for the last couple months we've just done little things here and there. But we did make one big step forward with a big purchase this last month. We bought...kitchen cabinets! I can't wait to do the kitchen even though it will be the most massive project. We bought a display of cabinets that were in a showroom. We had to go last Saturday to take them down ourselves and take them home.
Marc's brother Mike helped us take them down. We were all so careful all day while we took them down, wrapped them in plastic wrap, loaded them onto a trailer and drove them home. I didn't want there to be any scratches. When we got home this guy who we hired to do some stucco work on our house helped us unload the trailer. I couldn't believe it as I watched him trip on the curb while holding two base cabinets...they flew out of his arms and he rolled over them on the driveway. I screamed (as I usually do with even small things) and Marc hadn't seen it and thought I screamed because I was worried about the guy. But I'm sorry to say that scream was all for the cabinets. I knew the guy was fine...the cabinets broke his fall! But after I got my priorities back in check I made sure he was ok. He was fine, but he felt really bad. Of course it was a total accident. The cabinets have a couple problems from that but Marc thinks he can fix it. Crazy! Anyway, here you can see some of the cabinets except their doors aren't on. I'll take a picture of them and include it in my next post.
A few months ago I started a weekly Craft Club at my house. I wanted an excuse to scrapbook while hanging out with friends...so I started this club where the kids all play while us girls work on whatever crafts/projects they want to work on. A cool thing we started now is once a month someone is in charge of a craft where we all make the same thing. It's cool because everyone has different talents, so we will get a wide variety of things to make and learn. Lindy did our first one...she is so great at sewing. She had us make these cute crayon roll-ups. I loved that I could wipe the thick layer of dust off of my sewing machine and actually use it!! Here we are working on them:
And here's when it is rolled open. Even more than coloring, Jake loves to just take the crayons out and put them back in again.
Shannon just did our second group craft where she had us make these car mats for the kids to play with their cars on. We sewed a border around the big piece of canvas:
And then we started planning out how we would draw out our towns:
Here's my car mat for Jake. It was so fun to show it to him. He was so excited. Everything I put on the mat is places he is always going. And yes, Lowes definitely made it onto the mat:) Today he was playing his cars on it and he said, "Now let's go see Teresa." And he parked his car at Lowes. (Teresa is the girl who works there that we always go buy things from. ) I also put Angels Stadium on there, and Disneyland's Cinderellas Castle with fireworks...he LOVES those two things. The other things I put on there are: Stater Brothers, church, Target, the beach, a fire station, McDonalds, the park, our house, the pond with ducks that is by our house, Rockview Dairy, and the gas station. This was such a great craft for Shannon to have us do for our kids.
Here's something else I created this month. For enrichment they asked me to make some bookmarks that went with the them of the last conference. I've never "scrapbooked" bookmarks before. It was fun to come up with it.
I took this picture because it represents marketing's first effects on my little boy. He saw a commercial for Apple Jacks and kept begging me for Apple Jacks all day. This was his first time asking for something from a commercial. We didn't have any so I kept telling him the next time we go to the store I'll get him some. We went to Lowe's (of course) that day, and as we were leaving he said, "Bye Teresa! See you later!" Then he turned to me and said, "Now, Apple Jacks!" The way he said it made me laugh so much that I pushed the cart straight over to Wal Mart which was next door and bought him a box of Apple Jacks.
Now that summer is over, we are back to going to Disneyland with our annual pass. When we went a couple weeks ago it was so nice to have there be no lines for the rides. And we kept coming up on characters with barely anyone around them. Oh how I love the annual pass to avoid crowded days! Here's Jake with Sully:
With Woody (who looks a little frightening if you ask me):
With Mater and Lightning Mcqueen:
I actually photoshopped a picture of this earlier this year and it's framed up in his bedroom:
He loves the Buzz Lightyear ride
Marc's parents were down visiting last weekend...and stayed with us from Saturday to Tuesday. On Monday we went to the Aquarium in Long Beach. This is Jake and his cousin Sean.

This was the hottest day of probably the decade in Southern CA. It was about 115 degrees. I didn't think we'd be going outside of the Aquarium, but for some crazy reason, at the hottest part of the day we were outside for like an hour. Hence, the sweaty and red faces.
Here's our group by the shark tank.




4 comments:
It's actually Sleeping Beauty's castle, not Cinderella's. I'm so embarrassed for you. But it looks like you're having a lot of fun! I miss and love you guys!
I saw the bookmark at my mom's. It was so cute. I didn't expect anything less though from one of your creations.:>
amazing pictures!
I love this post and Jake is looking so grown-up and handsome!
Post a Comment