Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Drew Nicholas Rueckert

He's here! He came 10 days ago on Oct. 8th. He weighed exactly 7 lbs. We are so happy to have him here. It took us the whole time we were in the hospital to decide on his name...but we finally decided on Drew which we both love, and Nicholas comes from my middle name--Nicole--and I was actually named after my great-grandfather: Louis Nicholas...so that's where we got Nicholas from

Proud dad
Very happy mom
This is my new best friend...my anesthesiologist! She made me pain-free. I love her:)
The group waiting at the hospital to meet little Drew
Jake came that night to meet his brother. He was so excited!

This is my doctor...Dr. Gray
This is Drew the next day...looking a little tired. We had a long first night with him because he wasn't breathing very good--he had a lot of fluid in his throat/lungs and it wasn't until the next morning that a nurse finally took care of it
the Grandpas
the Grandmas
It was great to have family and friends visit at the hospital the next day...Frank and Barbara again, Karen & Tyler, the Kietas, the Keithlys, the Jensens, Tim and Shannon, Britney and Betsy, Grandma and Grandpa again, Uncle Tim, and my Dad and Terry came with Jake again







The pacifier looks so big on his face:) But we were glad he was taking it and liked it...Jake never would take a pacifier
Happy (and tired) mommy
Leaving to take baby Drew home!

9 comments:

Lauren said...

Drew looks so cute and cuddly. Love newborns. You look amazing too, props to the epidural dr. Wish I could see and visit you two. I love how happy Jake looks.

magunn said...

Wow mini Jake! He's adorable. And I love Jake's face in the pictures where he's holding Drew ... looks thrilled! Gives me hope for my little guy.

Karen said...

I am so happy he is finally here! He is adorable and looks like his brother. Congrats! He looks like a very content baby with that binkie! :)

trimarie said...

Love all the pictures! He's a cutie!

roylancemommy said...

Congratulations! What a happy time :) So glad you and baby are all doing well. So fun to see your family.

Natalie said...

Congrats Luisa and family! He is just precious. What sweet boys you have. :)

Ashley said...

He is so cute! Poor little baby not being able to breathe! I love how excited Jake is in all the pictures. I also love the name and love that you are getting to pass on your middle name. So, now that you are home how are things going?

Brittany said...

I love all of these pictures! You look way too great to be postpartum. Your dad looks really happy with his new grandson too! How exciting for you all! I want to keep seeing more pictures.

The Shaws said...

How did you get a pic with Dr. Gray? I have never thought of that bc he is always gone so quickly after delivery. I like the pic of you coming home from the hospital. Just a few days after delivery and I can already tell your face is thinner. Yay!