Wow...do I have a lot of catch up! I wanted to do a big post before the baby comes on catching up on the last 2 mos., since my next post will most likely be about our new little boy:) So here it goes:
We went to several Angels games this summer (technically we are still Dodgers fans too...but Angels stadium is oh so close:) This is Mormon night and all our fam was there:
In the beginning of August, Jake and I went to Las Vegas with Tim, Shannon, and their kids. Marc would have gone except he had just taken the week off of work for the high adventure with the young men, and he didn't have any more days to take. We stayed at a fun hotel for families...with a lazy river
and the swimming pool had a big sand area that led into the pool...with tons of sand toys for the kids to use...
Me and my boy loungin'
Jake just LOVES babies, especially baby Wes (Tim and Shannon's youngest)...baby Wes has been good for Jake to see what his new brother will be like
Jake loved all the water features in the lazy river, and made a point to get his head under each and every one...some kids shy away from being drenched on the head with water, but this kid loves it
Jake, Luke, and Matt
In The Mirage we went and saw the lions. We also did the Aquarium at Mandalay Bay, and of course saw the water show at Bellagio...multiple times (since it is my absolute favorite). But even at 9 pm at night...it was freakin' hot! Thank goodness we stayed in the pools all day. Jake and I had lots of fun on the Vegas trip with Timmy, Shannon, and the kids...we were glad they invited us!
This is one day when Jake called us into our closet. He was sitting on the floor in this box, and wanted to be put away up on the shelf. So we put him up there and covered him up with clothes. He thought it was hilarious.
In the middle of August, Marc's sister Marcy and her family came and stayed with us for a week. Here's the cousins at the beach:
Having Morgan and Madolyn at our house all week was so great...they are great girls and Jake loved having buddies to play with all week
Here we are at another Angels game where we took "other Jake," one of Jake's buddies. These two had so much fun--not watching the game--just banging peanuts on the chairs to crack them open, and dancing in the aisles whenever the music came on...and of course, the fireworks show.
We had a garage sale at the beginning of September...I worked SO hard for weeks leading up to it, to go through EVERYTHING in the garage and house...completely spring cleaning our entire lives. So the garage sale was very satisfying--to get rid of a lot of stuff. I feel so much happier having all of the spaces in our house organized.
Jake started pre-school on Sept. 7th. He was so excited for his first day! I have to say, I felt like my little man looked more grown up all the sudden--it's my first time sending him off to somewhere multiple time a week. So it felt weird to begin that, when for 3 1/2 years he's only been with me. But I feel like it is a great thing to start before the baby comes--it will give him something fun to do while we get adjusted at home with a newborn.

Here's the 3 boys..."other Jake", Jake, and Luke--ready for their 1st day
Here's another one of Jake's buddies--Brooke. They were playing dress-up and having tons of fun getting the "bad guys"
It was SO great of Shannon, Karen, and Grandma to throw me a baby shower the other weekend. It meant a lot to me, and was so fun to celebrate the baby coming.
Aren't these cute party favors they made...It says "Luisa's going to pop." And its around bags of popcorn.
Here's me with some of the people there: Allie, Lindy, Shannon, Shawna
Terry, Karen, Trina, Grandma, me, Roberta, Shannon
Kristin, Joanne, and me (and also Jenn, Sunni, Britney, Erica, and Tiffany were there)...it really made me feel loved--I felt so grateful to everyone for coming and being excited with me
Marc and I decided last Saturday would be our LAST DAY of working on the house--hallelujah!!! The time has come! We are going to take a good long break...(like a year maybe) of not doing anything else. Yes friends, that means our weekends are now open--and we won't be talking about Lowe's, Home Depot, or renovating any more. I've really needed to stop--I need the break from the work of it, and need the break from my house always having that construction mess that I'm trying to clean up on top of normal housework. Now, I did not imagine that at 9 mos. pregnant I'd still be working on the house...it has not been easy. But, we worked as hard as we could up through Saturday...

Here's Marc grouting the kitchen backsplash. Can I just mention I sampled 15 colors of grout before choosing the one we'd use...I got a science lab going in the garage of mixing and testing grouts...so glad that is done! So............we are done, or I should say, stopping. And I will be showing "After" pics of the house very soon.
We hit up another Angels game with my Dad and Terry while they were down for the weekend...this time without the Jakester. We sat in seats where we had menus and we ordered and paid for our food right from our seats, and they brought the food to us. How great is that? Thanks to my Dad and Terry for taking us--it was actually their belated birthday present to Marc.
Ok, switching gears now to baby #2: Here's my most recent prego pic. As I write this post, I am exactly 1 week away from my due date. I can't believe the time is almost here. I am really really excited to have another little boy to love--and I feel so happy that our family is getting to grow.
And Jake can't wait for his brother to get here!!!
So stay posted...









6 comments:
So fun to see all your adventures!!Your house looks amazing! Can't wait to see pics of the new babe. Miss you guys so much!
When your shirt is covering your tummy, it just looks like you stuffed a ball under your shirt. Are you taking prego pics at the beach like you did w/ Jake? Wishing and praying your delivery is smooth, painless, and enjoyable....yes that is possible (I'm 1 for 3 w/ the painless and enjoyable part, but it happens. Hope it does for you this time)
You house is looking so good! I think you need to do one more post before the baby is born with more pictures of your house. I like the wood floors! I understand just being Done. We have taken an almost year break on our house, but now things are starting to bother both of us again so it might be time to start back up. You are so cute pregnant. I can't wait to see pictures of your baby boy.
That bottom picture is so adorable. Jake's face looks so dang cute. That is a keeper!
YOu're so amazing!!! I love your kitchen! Also, so fun to see you at the babyshower. :)) You look great. So nice to see your family. I still can't believe Jake is in pre school now. I miss you guys. What a fun summer. Can't wait to meet your baby # 2:))
OH MY GOSH! I am really excited for you to have another cute boy. Jake is SO cute! Can't wait to see you guys again someday:)!
Post a Comment