We have been having so much fun while Marc has been unemployed! (His last day at Cintas was Tuesday, and his official start date with Pfizer was Friday. Wednesday was the 4th of July (which I blogged about below), and then Thursday we went to the gym, went swimming, and rented a movie. We also keep competing on Guitar Hero. Do any of you guys have that game? It is seriously SO FUN. I really do feel like the biggest rock star in my living room:) On Friday we dusted off our bikes and rode all around town. As you can see in the pic, I'm on my beach cruiser...I LOVE my pink beach cruiser and get excited every time we decide to go on a bike ride. We eventually picked up lunch and Jamba Juices and rode to the park and ate there. When we got back home we were so hot we decided to go swimming again. So it was a really fun day. The funny thing is, Friday was officially his first day with Pfizer...but it starts off with them mailing him some medical textbooks and he is to spend a week and a half at home studying before he starts his training. Well, they called and said he wouldn't be recieving the textbooks in the mail until Saturday. So he did get paid for work on Friday but had nothing to do! Our joke that day was me asking him about his 1st day at work. Did he feel the pressure of the new job? Was it a pretty grueling 1st day? And he would reply "It's just so stressful" as he sipped his jamba juice by the pool:)
Ok, so I guess those paid days of sitting by the pool couldn't last long for Marc. Just as we were planning the fun for Saturday...there was a knock at the door...UPS had a delivery. A box full of medical textbooks and a daily study schedule for him. Actually, as you can tell he's pretty excited about it...I'm the one who just lost my play buddy:) No, but I'm excited for him too. It's an exciting change and I'll help him study where I can... 
Jan 15th, 2017
9 years ago
5 comments:
How fun! Thomas is about to start a new job too so we have had similar days and it is so fun. I am excited for him to start making a paycheck- but sad to lose my play buddy too.
Good job for living it up, Lu!! Sounds like you two didn't waste a minute of play time :)
I'm all about wasting corporate dollars when you can...did you charge your Jamba Juice to Pfizer?? You should. Marc wouldn't have had to drink that if his UPS box had arrived. :)
That sounds like my perfect life. I do love nothing more than not working which is the main reason I am a teacher.
Court, you are so funny. I didn't think of charging our Jamba Juices to Pfizer but that is a great idea:)
Seriously, and if you need any other unemployment advice, I'm always here for you and Marc.
Post a Comment