Tuesday, July 3, 2007

I Shouldn't Be Alive

Who has watched this show? It is all I can talk about lately. This show is on the Discovery Channel and let me tell you, it is crazy to see what these people have gone through! I've seen about 4 of the episodes and they're usually about people being stuck in extreme conditions in nature for 4 or more days. One episode was about these guys who were riding in a helicopter that crashed into the crater of Mount Kilawea in Hawaii. They were stuck in the crater of an active volcano for several days...Another one was about these 5 people that were on a sailboat in the Atlantic that sunk because a bad storm came through. They were in a dingy in the middle of the ocean for like 5 days and sharks were circling them the entire time. Only 2 of them ended up surviving because the others went crazy and jumped into the water thinking they saw land...and the people in the dingy watched as the sharks ate them. I'm telling you these shows are crazy...but if you were ever a fan of Rescue 911 back in the day like I was:), then you'll be glued to the t.v. set with this show. I was trying to think if I had my own near death story I could submit to be on the show. All I could think of is the other week when I choked on some hash browns during breakfast. It was pretty scary. I did the choking sign and everything:) But for some reason, I can't picture them airing my episode of choking on hash browns after an episode about guys trapped in the crater of an active volcano.

6 comments:

Uffens Family said...

I would totally watch an episode starring you! I am glad you are still with us!
By the way...I love the updated blog...The pics of you and Marc in your old age is HILARIOUS!! Your pants are awesome...not many grandma's look that good Lu...The personal trainer has paid off...you look tiny! :)
P.S. wish you guys could have come to Kenny Chesney with us!

mj said...

okay, luisa, i'm looking at the pictures of you and marc on the side of your blog and i think i just wet my pants. leah did too, but at least she's wearing a diaper.

Stephanie said...

remember when you fell off of the roof at your old house? that was scary! hash browns are pretty scary too though. by the way- i like the old people photos- it's touching to see into the future like that.

Luisa said...

Personally, it scares me to see into the future like that! I mean, I was proud of how good our costumes were, but then it was like...wait a minute, are we SERIOUSLY going to be looking like this one day? And Maren, don't worry...I'm sure when I really look like that picture, I'll be wetting my pants too:) Oh geez...Anyways, yeah Steph...falling off the roof probably was more of a real "I Shouldn't Be Alive" moment then choking on hash browns:) I mean with the falling off the roof, I got ambulences, fire trucks, etc. But with the hash browns, everyone was just staring at me. So there you go:)
P.S. Rach, we should plan on going to a concert together once you're in Vegas...that would be so fun!

Ashley said...

Excuse me...do I get to go...I live in Vegas too! I mean I do realize we have already been to a concert in Vegas and nothing can ever live up to 98 degrees.

Courtney said...

Lu, I think the best would be you and Marc as old people trying to get on a show like "I Shouldn't Be Alive" telling your hashbrown near-death experience, with all the producers at the auditions just thinking to themselves, "Duh, they shouldn't be alive because they are like 90 years old..." jk :) LOVE the old look on you guys...it actually took me a minute to realize that was you two! (Maybe I should read the headers above the pictures?)