Wednesday, August 15, 2007

First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes the baby in the baby carriage

Okay everyone, here is the reason I haven't updated my blog in a while....I AM PREGNANT!!! Yay!!!!!! And I've been extremely sick and haven't gotten out of bed for 2 weeks! (No Yay for that one). But I seem to be doing better now! So YAY again!!! I am a little over 7 weeks pregnant...so almost 2 months...and Marc and I are so excited. I am so looking forward to posting pictures on my blog of my cute little one...and well, I just couldn't wait. So I had to post a picture of my beautiful baby for all to see:

Whatdoyathink...does it look like me or Marc? hmmmm....
Now, I don't want to act like a big reason why I was hoping to get pregnant soon was just so that I could gracefully drop out of my personal training at the gym...but let's face it, it was a big perk:) Anyways, I learned that all that work wasn't in vain...here is my little story:
So as per Luisa style, I wanted to make a dramatic beginning to this pregnancy...and so I've actually been in the hospital twice...yes, I did ride in an ambulence one of the times and failed to have my camera with me so that I could take pics and post them on the blog...I know, what was I thinking??? But anyways, I ended up getting an ultra sound in the hospital when I was 5 1/2 weeks and they were checking to see if I had ectopic pregnancy. So here are Marc and I, nervously watching the lady's face who was doing the ultra sound...trying to tell if what she saw was good or bad. She did a normal ultra sound, and then she also did one of those vaginal ultra sounds too...and as she was doing it and looking at the monitor she says to me, "Wow...do you work out or something?" I was like, what kind of a question is that right now...awkward! And she says, "You have extremely well defined muscles in there. I have really never seen anyone with muscles looking that developed."
So on that note, I'd like to give props to my trainer and props to myself, for all the blood, sweat, and tears that have been put into countless hard, and sometimes death-defying workouts...because it has all paid off...Although I really never could see any change in my outward physical appearance, I do have extremely well defined muscles that can only be seen internally on an ultra sound. And that, makes it all worth it.


12 comments:

Ashley said...

Congratulations Luisa and Marc! I think you decided to have kids just so you would have something to blog about, but don't worry I won't make you admit it.

Uffens Family said...

Lu...I cannot tell you how excited I am for you and Marc! Can't wait for all the blog updates and know that you can call with all your pregnancy things that happen...Glad you are feeling a little better.

Stacie Hawley said...

congratulations!!! We are so excited for you!! Babies are seriously so much fun...enjoy everything!! HOORAY!!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS LUISA!!!!! I am SO happy for you!! :) I saw you called earlier, but your voicemail certainly didn't leave any clues about your awesome news... you're so sneaky! I will give you a call today to catch up -- I am truly SOOOO thrilled for you guys!!!!

Love, Anne

Unknown said...

Congrats!! What exciting news! Babies are the best!!

Nicole (Thomas) Smith

Courtney said...

YAH, Lu and Marc!! I am so impressed with your Ultrasound Visible Muscles! Although, I have a feeling that they are externally visible, too. :) I don't even want to know what mine look like after having 2 kids.
Anyways, that is SSSOOO exciting that you are pregnant, and not so exciting that you are sick! Now, Apt. 17 has completed the Circle of Life :) Are you going to find out if Baby is a boy or a girl? (If it's any incentive, that would make a great blog post :)

Luisa said...

Yeah, I will definitely find out if it is a boy or girl...I can barely stand it now having to wait at all to stock up on cute baby clothes:)

Thanks everyone for being excited for me...reading your comments made me even more excited (if that's possible).

Stephanie said...

Hooray Lu!! I am so excited for you! I hope you are feeling better and am excited to see some pregnant photos as soon as you're showing. :)

Anonymous said...

TERI IS FINALLY GOING TO BE A GRANDMA!!!! I REALLY CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!! I've already bought toys for my new baby (I mean Luisa and Marc's baby) I hope you keep feeling better Sis....Love Forever, GRANDMA!

mj said...

yay! congrats you two. that is so exciting.

p.s. i found out we have a common friend, luisa. nicole thomas-smith is in my ward here in ca. fun!

Natalie said...

Luisa! I am so happy for you and Marc and for your parents for that matter! Your baby is already so well loved. That is the best!

Erin said...

OMG! Congratulations - that is so exciting.

- Erin Hawley