Friday, August 24, 2007

San Diego Vacation

Marc and I went on a vacation to San Diego this week and just got home today. It was such nice timing since he had been gone for so long at his training...and we just got to relax and hang out on the beach. We were glad to finally be working on our summer tans...now that it's, ummm...the end of August. Oh well!
We got to stay in a hotel on the beach (in the picture)...that made it really fun. The funny thing was, the whole week we thought we were vacationing at Mission Beach until we went into this souvenier shop next to our hotel...and all the merchandise said "Pacific Beach." We thought it was funny that we didn't even know where we were on vacation...but I guess, a beach is a beach, right?!
And as for a pregnancy update: I am feeling MUCH better now...and have for about 1 week. Mostly now, I'm just really tired during the day...We went to this Bodies Exhibit while we were in San Diego...it was really cool--it showed the skeletons and muscles and organs of real human bodies that have been preserved...I was a little freaked out by the idea at first. But once we were there, it was cool to see. One room showed real fetus's in different stages that had been preserved. I got to see a real fetus at that same stage as ours...that was really neat.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Did it look like your picture that you posted last time? I am so jealous of your vacation. I was in San Diego two weeks ago but was stuck in a conference for work the whole time. You both look so relaxed in your pictures.

Luisa said...

Actually, yeah...it did. It pretty much looked exactly like that.

Uffens Family said...

I am so glad you got to the body exhibit...and those fetuses were my favorite part..or one of them...to see those different stages was awesome! You look great! So glad you had some nice R&R time with Marc.

Stephanie said...

I love that exhibit! We saw it last summer in Las Vegas when we were staying with Adam and Britt and I was around the same stage of pregnancy as you and I LOVED (and was a little freaked out as well) to see what Ambrose looked like as well! Cool.

Courtney said...

I'm glad that you are feeling better! I'm WAY jealous that you got to go to San Diego, but not so jealous about the Carcass Fest :) I hear it's cool, but I don't know if I could stomach that! :)