Wednesday, September 19, 2007

My Life With Movies

I am going to pick up Marc at the airport tonight and he will be home for good from training! It has felt like a VERY long total of 6 weeks and I am excited to have him home. In the time he has been gone I have watched more movies than one can imagine...mostly due to feeling sick, and then probably some laziness too. But let's not call it lazy, let's call it doing study and research for my pursuit in the film industry...yeah, that sounds much better:) So I would say if anyone wants some movie recommendations to ask me...but I don't recommend movies:)...I decided a long time ago that I didn't want to have the awkwardness that comes from giving rave reviews about a movie to a friend...and then they watch it and hate it. So while I don't recommend movies, I will say that I personally LOVE the movie Blades of Glory (Will Ferrell and John Heder)...I was laughing so hard I was crying through so much of that movie. And another one I have added to "my favorites" list is called Little Manhattan. It's so cute and funny...a story about these little kids having their first real crushes on each other. But anyway, no one watch either of those movies on account of me:) (Even though they are really really good).

7 comments:

Ashley said...

I loved the movie Blades of Glory also, but whenever people ask me if I liked it I just say it was okay. I guess we have both been burned by our recommendations.

Stephanie said...

I want to see Blades of Glory and my friend said she would lend it to me- and now that you have begged me to watch it - I will have to remind her. :) I agree about recommending movies- it is also awkward when a friend of yours is offended by a movie you recommended... I've never felt so scandalous.

Valerie said...

Lu, I have seen both of those movies and I agree they are both very good. Blades of Glory very funny and the other one, a very cute love story. You have good taste! :)

Courtney said...

I am thinking that John Heder has some great fashion sense with the blonde afro...we should seriously reconsider the straight blonde hair look, Lu :)

Luisa said...

I was just at my parents house in Bakersfield and my Dad and my brother both said they didn't find Blades of Glory that funny. And I thought, well it's a good thing I didn't recommend it to them:)

Courtney said...

Isn't it funny what people do and don't like? I can't wait to see "Little Manhattan"...of course, not from your recommendation ;)

Courtney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.