Monday, July 14, 2008

4th of July and more

I know I haven't posted in about a month...but here's a bunch of pictures to make up for some lost time:)

Jake loves his bath...but probably doesn't love me dressing him in his cute clothes for photo ops...I feel like the mom in A Christmas Story who makes Ralphy wear his cute pink bunny jammies. Ok, this is nowhere close to that...But doesn't he look too cute in his froggy robe and slippers?

Baby Bjorn is a wonderful thing. We hiked down to the beach in Palos Verdes to some tide pools...
It got a little tough nursing in the blazing heat with no shade anywhere...I think I produced more sweat than milk:) These are times that I'm ready to stop nursing...Can you see me with a blanket over my head trying to keep Jake in some shade?? The hike was fun...this part, not so fun.
All-American boy on the 4th of July
We went to Marc's old high school again this year for the festivities...it's a lot of fun.
They do an awesome fireworks show...Jake was mesmerized by it...it was so cute.
My cousin Timmy is running for city council...so here are me, Shannon, & Lauren doing some advertising for him.The next day we hit up a new waterslide park in town...lotsa fun!

11 comments:

Stephanie said...

i was jsut recently wondering where you went off to and then i remembered that you had a child to care for now and it explained it all. jacob is getting a little chubbier now!!! so cute!

Monica Hudson said...

Love the froggy robe! Looks like he's keeping you busy! ;-) Good to hear from you again! Love ya!

Anne said...

such cute photos! i love the froggy robe and slippers too. :) it's great to see you all are doing so well. love you!

Tricia Harper said...

Hooray! New pictures. I was going through with-drawls. Jake is looking older! He's lost his newborn look. He's so darling! I can't wait to see him (and his parents) again. How does a trip to Utah sound?!? Love you guys!

Veronica said...

It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! I can't wait to do family things with our new baby...love you Jake!

Unknown said...

Hi Luisa! I am so happy to see you all out and about and so happy. Hope things are going great being a new mom. Call me sometime!

The Shaws said...

Jacobo is so cute in the hat on the 4th. P.S. I think I'll take up your offer and watch Blades tonight.:>

Uffens Family said...

Could he BE any cuter??? (can you say that like Chandler Bing on Friends)! He is stylin when he gets out of the tub...along with his other outfits...my heart went out to you nursing in the heat of the sun...You are a champion! Seriously!!!

Jones Family said...

Yea! The Ruekerts are ALIVE! Jacob is getting big. I'm in love with his chubby thigh roll, very yummy! Nursing in awkward places in awkward positions can be annoying. I think I've nursed most places, the worst was the bathroom at Cheesecake Factory with someone in the next stall having violent bowl movements. Not too good...

Lauren said...

nice pictures.jake is getting so big. we had fun at the firework show playing scategories, dancing, and the waterslide park too. we'll miss you guys when we leave:(

Gene said...

Fricker was here...nice pictures.