Monday, June 16, 2008

Marc's 1st Father's Day

Marc had a good Fathers Day...he had good food, good treats, got a nap, and watched golf, basketball and baseball with his boy. That was exactly how he wanted it. He is such a great dad in just the 2 months we've had Jake in our lives...we are lucky to have Marc!
We recently got a bbq...
This is them watching the game...Jake's onesie says "Shhh, I'm watchin the game with dad."

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lucky dad and kid. I'd say it was a perfect Father's Day. Looks to me like I see a lot of blonde hair reflecting back at me off that cute little head! p.s. Thank you so much for coming on Friday. We really appreciate it.

Gene said...

I bet Jacob already knows more about sports than I do. What sports do you think he will like? If I were you I would push him into golf, that sport will never go out of style and if he gets good, he can star in car commercials and stuff. But what ever you do, don't let him get into hockey. He will get his face smashed up all over the place and get less news coverage.

Uffens Family said...

Happy Fathers Day to Marc!!! Love the pics...sounds like you treated him to a great day! This is a year of a lot of firsts for both of you...Glad Marc has started him early with sports! :) Although I hope he is teaching him to cheer on the Celtics :)

Jones Family said...

So cute. They are such little buddies. We need to hang out! Do you guys want to do something this weekend?

Anonymous said...

I mostly agree with Gene except the whole Golf thing, baseball is a better option. Seriously how cool would it be to have a Rueckert in a Dodger uniform!

Courtney said...

I love that last picture! Jacob is SUCH a CUTIE PIE! Marc looks really intent on teaching Jacob something :) Great photo!

Lauren said...

I bet jake is thinking, "hey, dad these are all great sports, but I can't wait for bowling season. Now that's a sport." I hope you like sports too luisa cuz it appears that your guys are gonna be watching more.

Louisa Claire said...

Hi there, I just came about your blog and wanted to say hi - my name is Louisa and my husband in Mark and we had our baby girl on April 23 and I just thought that the similarities were remarkable! Your little boy is adorable! God Bless, Louisa

Gene said...

Luisa, I got your message that you got the nursing cover I sent you. You are very welcome, it was the least I could do. Sorry it took 5 years.

And by the way, you are measured among our best of friends for knowing how to spell our last name correctly, it is a complex one after all.

Stephanie said...

oh my gosh that is so cute!

Urmston Family said...

You little boy is so cute. Glad to see your family is doing so good. ~Jill

Adam and Cristina Smith said...

Hey Luisa, remember me (cristina call). Your little boy is so adorable. congratulations on being a mommy.

heather said...

Jacob looks EXACTLY like his daddy, I just can't get over it! (ps. we miss you guys!)

Tricia Harper said...

I can't believe how much I love the little man! (Jake not Marc) I wish I could see him and squeeze him and love him everyday! (Jake not Marc) I love the picture of him kickin' it on the couch with dad.

Courtney said...

Ok, Lu, where are you? I've been checking in for updates... :) Hopefully all is well:)