Monday, June 16, 2008

Vaccines

I was not looking forward to this day...Jake got his first shots last Thursday. I felt so bad because he was laying on the table in the doctors office, so happy and smiling...he had no idea what was coming. Thankfully, it wasn't as bad as I feared. He cried, but got over it very quickly with each shot. Still, I went ahead and treated myself to some ice cream at Golden Spoon on our way home (I realize it is the kid that is supposed to get the treat...but since he can't have it yet, I'll go ahead and have it for him:)

3 comments:

The Shaws said...

Good job on the Golden Spoon. I'm sure Jake enjoyed a little via boob!

Jones Family said...

He looks so sad in his picture. Email me socalee@hotmail.com. That way we can have a private conversation. I need to get your phone number. We are going to Bakersfield for 4th of July. If you guys are up there you should come swimming at my parent's house. I have lots of sisters who will be willing to hold Jake while you relax!

Katie Schultz said...

You are so funny- way to take one for the team. yah shots are actually easy when they are so young, then they start to remember the doctor's office.