Thursday, February 19, 2009

A few pictures

As you all know, I have been dealing with a tragedy. In this last week I have thought about how long it has been since I've done a post on my blog, and I've wanted to do one, but everything has seemed so trivial to me lately. And then I've debated about if I should just do my usual type of post with random pictures of our daily life, or if I should post about the person I'm really thinking about. But, I'm not ready to do that. So for now, I guess the random pictures will be good. And I want to say thank you to all my friends and family who are making me feel so loved during such a hard time. I can't tell you how much it has meant to me.

A couple pictures from Christmas time

Me and Jake on my birthdayOut to dinner for my birthdayOne of my birthday presents (from Jake)...a baby bike seatHe's trying out his helmet for the first time...luckily, he finally accepted wearing it after a few days of tryingJake loves his storiesMarc filled in for the bass player in my Dad's band. It was fun for him and fun for me to get to be his groupie.

18 comments:

Stephanie said...

he has already grown up so much from your last batch of pictures- so so cute!

i love you lu- i am thinking of you and sending happy, warm thoughts your way.

love you!

Uffens Family said...

I love that bike!!! Seriously what a perfect gift Jake! also love that little boy! He is seriously so sweet :)I love you Luis!

Monica Hudson said...

Jake is such a cutie! Hugs from me...

Katie Schultz said...

Hey I was thinking of you on our birthday. Jake is so cute- It has been to long. I need some Luisa in my life again.

Urmston Family said...

Your baby boy is cute and getting so grown up. I have had you in my thoughts and prayers and wanted to let you know i'm thinking of you!

Lauren said...

Jake is so perfect. So mellow and calm. How do you make one of those? I'm still hoping for one in the future. IS he crawling upstairs, walking, standing? We love you guys. Do you think you can visit us Alaska????YES! jeff just got it today. We need to talk.

Brittany said...

hey lu- i am glad you posted since i check your blog all the time. okay- so this comment is void since i just talked to you on the phone! can't wait to see you!

Brian Norton said...

Hi Luisa, I am glad to see you and your family smiling in these pics on your blog. I've been thinking about you a lot. You are getting through the hardest part now and I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Also, I didn't know mark could play the bass. And it's funny to see our Dad's playing together in a band STILL. I wonder when or if they will ever retire their rock band. Hopefully not. :)

Jones Family said...

Hannah mentioned how she missed baby Jake the other day. It's good to see a post from you.
We should get together soon.

Courtney said...

I'm so glad to see a post from you! I love you tons, and am praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Your baby boy is absolutely darling : ) Thinking of you and your family - much love to you all

Jana said...

Jake is SO cute!! i love the pic of him w/ the helmet - i seriously don't think we'd be able to convince micah to keep it on his head!! :)

trimarie said...

I know what you mean about not wanting to blog lately, but I'm sooo glad you did. :) The picture of you and Jake is so cute. I haven't seen such a cute baby boy in at least 14 years! haha
I didn't know the band was still going on. Wow. There's some memories!

You have to come see my new baby soon.

Love you lots!

Valerie said...

Jake is so hansome. To bad he's already promised to some other girl. Thank for sharing your photos with us.

Anne said...

I love you and I am so glad to see that you posted. Jake is absolutely precious - I love the picture of the two of you on your birthday, and the one of him with the helmet on is priceless! I miss you and am thinking about you. Let's try to talk soon.

Stacie Hawley said...

Hugs from us too...we've been thinking about you.

Jacob is darling as ever!

Veronica said...

I am glad you can post random pics, I love to see how you guys are doing, even though we don't live too far from each other, it can still be tough getting together. Let me know how I can help with his 1 year birthday party...love you guys!

Monica Hudson said...

Hi! Just wanted to drop in and say hi. Love and hugs. Looking forward to a new post when you get some time - love you.