Thursday, April 9, 2009

Disneyland

My little baby boy just turned 1 years old and we had his party on Saturday, but I can't post pictures yet because the cord I need to get them off my camera is in Bakersfield...so those pics will be coming soon. I have been busy with planning Jake's and Marc's parties (Marc's is this Saturday), going back and forth between Bakersfield and home to help with the play, and being a single mother for 4 weeks this month (which I am very sick of) while Marc has been in New York, Vegas, and now in a hotel in Hollywood, which is oh so close, but yet we can't see him cuz he's busy morning til night doing work stuff. I will be so grateful to have him back home after this week. This week I started to flip out which ended up in getting a friend to watch Jake while I went and got a massage...which led me to decide when I'm rich I'm going to start off every day with an hour long massage--now that's the life!

Anyway, I never posted pics from our recent trip to the happiest place on earth. It was Jake's first time, and we joined on for a day to Rachel and Mike's vacation there. My favorite part was taking him on It's A Small World cuz he loved looking at everything.
Ten years ago when Rach and I were busy doing NSync dances, it was hard for us to picture this day of us as moms with our kids at Disneyland...just look at those cute faces:)
So the only downside for Jake was that he was the only boy that got pulled into going to a "Lunch with the Princesses." His reaction to the event is shown in the picture below. Jake's thinking, "How in the heck did I get dragged into this? Even Mike was able to get out of it!" Us girls on the other hand, had a great time:)
All in all it was an easy and fun day, other than the fact Winnie the Pooh and Tigger might file harassment charges against me for rough handling while trying to get a picture with them as they were walking from the back gate to their spot where people were waiting in line (I seriously don't know what came over me)...this picture does not show the extent of the harassment...
Thanks for having us come along Rach!

9 comments:

Uffens Family said...

I was totally waiting to see that Tigger pic again...(moment to remember)...love you! Sorry we were so tired from being there for a few days before! But oh so fun to be with you and little Jake man!
PS...and because of you Ariel and Annie have an awesome picture!

Lauren said...

jake always has the most classic expressions. They need to have a "lunch with the superheroes" for little boys.

Monica Hudson said...

That picture of Jake and Cinderella is priceless! How fun for you and Rach to be able to get together. Love ya'll!

Snelsonclan said...

I love the princess pic....im still chuckling at the expression...pricless!!!!!!!!!

Jones Family said...

You are a good mom for harassing the characters. That was so funny.

My favorite was Jake's face with Cinderella. Too funny. He was not into the princesses at all.

We have passes so we will have to get together soon and go!

Courtney said...

How fun!!! Lu, do you even know how much I love you? We are hoping that we can come for a Disney Land trip in the fall...want to come along??

Courtney said...

P.S. Good call on the massage...now you know why they call is "massage THERAPY" :)

Valerie said...

I know how you feel with the single Mom thing, although; Rob has not been out of town it sure feels like it with his 80 work weeks and on call nights at the hospital.
I think I'm coming to CA in July. We'll have to try and meet up again!!

trimarie said...

Yeah for the 'happiest place on earth'! Hopefully, it will be his first of many fun visits. (He may like the princesses someday!)