Thursday, May 28, 2009

Easter

I realize that my posts average about 1-2 months behind, but...here is Easter! (I am determined to catch up). I found these bunny ears and was so excited to put them on Jake on Easter. His face says it all. I realized I was just like the mom in the Christmas Story who makes Ralphy wear the pink bunny pajamas. I will probably torture all my sons with this type of thing until I have a girl:)Still not happy about it

And now distracted with a toy...haha
Here he is looking at his Easter basket in the morning
After church we headed to my Grandma's for dinner and an Easter egg hunt. My cousin Adam hid the eggs and the hunt turned out to be just between me and Marc. We are very competitive with each other, so the race was on!
We ended up with a tie! So the tiebreaker was to count the money that was in our plastic eggs and whoever had the most was the winner...Marc won.
Jake did a little crawling around hunting for eggs at his level
My poor child...I didn't give up and tried again with the bunny ears. This time, my aunt Trina got a cute smiling picture of him. Success!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

The ears are so cute lu!!! Although the pjs with cars is pretty awesome too! This post made me want a chocolate covered marshmellows so so bad.. And I may or may not just have had an argument with Thomas over running out and finding me some. :)

Brittany said...

jake is the cutest baby! and marc is a great sport to let you put the ears on him... i always get the kaibosh on anything too cute.

Uffens Family said...

Those ears were worth the effort...Anything to get a good picture and scrapbook page! :) Love the picture of you and Jake! Nothing wrong with being a little behind on the posting...it was worth the wait :)

Valerie said...

I've tried to put bunny ears on Sophia in the past, doesn't work. She takes them right off. I'm impressed you got him to keep them on long enough for photos. So cute!

Courtney said...

Mark Jr. all the way! Too bad that Mark beat you out in the Easter Egg Hunt...there's always next year, right?? :)

The Shaws said...

Jacobo may have worn them if Marc had a matching pair.