My awesome friend Joanne got us tickets to Dancing with the Stars and American Idol last month. (I'm just posting cuz I finally got the pictures from her). First we went to Dancing with the Stars when it was down to 4 couples. Here's the studio. It was so fun to see it in person. I liked seeing what everyone did during commercial and stuff since it was taped live. I'm always wondering that when I'm at home watching it on t.v.
With the flash off this came out blurry, but here is me and Joanne after the show
Then we had tickets to American Idol for the 2nd to last show. We just barely didn't get in...they cut off the line about 20 people in front of us. But they said that if we stayed and went to Idol Extra which they film right after the show then they'd give us tickets to the finale...we were stoked!
Here's some pics from the Idol Extra. This is Justin Guarini and Danny Gokey who had just gotten voted off.
Jillian Barber interviewing Ricky and Jordin Sparks
Randy Jackson came out too
Here's the next week out by the red carpet when we got to go to the finale.
Inside the theatre
I managed to get a couple pictures before the show started. Cameras weren't allowed in but it wasn't hard to sneak them in. But I got too snap happy and during Keith Urban's number security made me go out and check in my camera...thank goodness that was it cuz I thought they were kicking me out!
Being there for the show was so awesome because you never knew which band or performer was coming out next. We were on the edge of our seats trying to tell as they'd set up really fast during commercials. It was so fun to be there.
This is after the show where we didn't care to have cameras out again. This is "Big" from Big and Rich (if you know country). I seemed to be the only person who knew who he was around me...but then again, we are in Los Angeles...not too many country fans.
Before the show I was walking down the aisle by our seats and saw Brad Garrett (the brother from Everybody Loves Raymond). I talked to him for a little bit (oddly about Italian food). And then I was walking back to my seat and saw Jeff Probst and I don't know why but I said hi to him the way you would if you were seeing an old friend. I don't know why it came out of me that way. Joanne was all confused and thought it was an old friend of mine until she realized it was the guy from Survivor. I think Jeff Probst was a little confused too. But hey, that method is one that works because we got in a whole conversation about Chris and Adam and who should win...so there you go!
So those were my fun ventures in t.v. land...now we're hoping for So You Think You Can Dance tickets!


9 comments:
Lu, you are SO awesome!! Only you could pull off talking to movie stars about Italian food and who is going to win American Idol, without a flinch of awkwardness :) One of many reasons why I love you!!
lol! I can so see you just happily saying "hi" to Jeff Probst as if he was one of your buddies. :) You are so silly! You must have had fun at those shows. Gotta love those brushes with fame!
you're my idol now:) we faithfully watched both of those shows from start to finish & now we don't know what to do late @ night 'cuz usually dvr'ed...have been trying so you think you can dance but has taken 4 wks. to get into it like the others??! doesn't take much to amuse me eh? headed to cabin-hope ya have a happy 4th!
I would love to go to So You Think You Can Dance.... that is the best. I can't believe you were at the American Idol Finale. So fun!
OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!! I cannot believe you got to go to those shows!!! I am a huge fan of both. I am so jealous! But so happy for you. THat is the coolest post I've read today by far. Seriously, you are soooo lucky! I still can't believe you got to go to them. SO AWESOME!! My blog posts seem so infinitesimally boring compared to yours! Good luck getting in to SO you think you can dance! I love that show too!
My kids LOVE Dancing with the Stars. They dance along with the contestants.
Looks like so much fun! And American Idol.... CRAZY!!!
So excited you got to go to American Idol! HELLO!!! So cool.....hey all of the messages got deleted off my phone, and I can't figure out what your email is.to add you to my blog...if you click on my name I think it will give you my email....hope all is well,...you know you are one of my oldest friends :) (oldest as in time frame, not age...cause like we said, we ARE NOT old.
I"M still waiting to see you on tv dancing or singing or just acting. The infomercial was one thing but i want to see more of you on tv. I'll be your assistant if you need.
Wow, I want to meet your awesome friend =).It was so fun! we had a blast. Love your pics. I am just waiting for the So you think you can dance tickets =)
Post a Comment