We signed Jake up for a beginning karate class every Tuesday night for 5 weeks. It was really cute...he learned to stand at attention, do punches and kicks while saying "ha-ya" and then ran through an obstacle course at the end (his favorite part). But...if this was any glimpse into how he'll be as a student in school...we'd better gear up for many parent-teacher conferences:) He was a wild child running all over the room constantly and bouncing off the walls, while all the other kids stood still practicing their exercises. At least he's still got a couple years to let that energy run loose:)
Hallelujah! The trash pile in our yard got cleaned up! I was beginning to wonder if we'd just leave it there forever. This is the before picture. I just realized I didn't take the "after" picture...but you can imagine it:) I'm just so happy kids can go outside and play again, without the danger of old rusty nails sticking out from pieces of wood.
We went to Knotts with Shannon and Lindy for the day...the boys had a ton of fun. This is them on a ride that brought back childhood memories for me. I remembered being a little girl going on this ride and feeling like I was in the backwoods of a thick forest, on my own, moving my car along, and yes...enjoying nature. Now as an adult I stood and looked at it...the whole track is in full view from the park and there's a couple trees...haha. That was funny to see. But it still gave me full satisfaction to now be sending my child on the nature ride experience. Of course about two-thirds of the way through he gave up on pumping and just laid back in his car. 
Don't these boys look so big? It's like they're riding a real roller coaster

We made heart shaped sugar cookies during the day and took some over to friends. Jake likes to help me in the kitchen...especially when he gets to keep dipping his finger in the sugar:)
3 comments:
He is so cute and grownup! When is your show going to be on?
This post really sums up Jake...a ball of energy and one with a major sweet tooth. Neither are bad, it is his own unique self. That's why we love him! I can totally picture him endlessly dipping his finger in the sugar.:)
Karate? How cute is that. I'm loving your kitchen. I'm scared of the trouble jordyn and jake would get into if they were together. Jordyn prays for candy on a daily basis.
Post a Comment