Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Weekend Cruise and My Little Rockstar

Last weekend I got to do something I've wanted to do for a long time...have a girl's weekend. And even better, I got to do it on a weekend cruise! As Lauren put it...she's one of my besties, a sista from another mista...when she lived by me, we taught summer school together, then did our graduate/credential schooling together, then got hired on as full time teachers together at the same school as math teachers. We were connected in all parts of life. So, it was very sad when their family moved away. But this was a great weekend where we got to totally hang out and catch up with no kid distractions. We had so much fun. It was so fun to be with someone who wanted to do all the same things I did all the time (normally with husbands, more compromising is happening:) During the day we lounged by the pool, had tons of girl talk, read books, took naps...During nights we went to the shows, the comedy club, did karaoke, and went dancing every night. As you see too, we had fun taking silly pictures on the ship with the photographers.This is Ensenada behind us...we decided to stay on the ship and soak up the sun all day rather then go to Papas and Beer...where I'd say at least half of the people on the ship went. It turned out to be a good choice since the next day was cold and rainy.




Since it was a weekend-spring break cruise...and people were in party mode...it really did make it that much more fun. At karaoke, everyone sang along and danced (compared to our cruise last year where people took karoake as a serious chance at becoming a recording artist)


Dancing was a lot of fun too...we went to the club every night. And then on the last night as we were headed to our rooms tired from club dancing, we passed a live band with a bunch of people singing and dancing. So we went in there--and that was seriously the funnest of all. We danced until the band finished. Although I will say I came home with my clothes smelling of beer...not because I drank any:) But I seemed to be a magnet for having beer spilled on me by people. This one time, this guy literally completely fell over onto me with his beer. I can't imagine the hangovers these people all experienced the day after the cruise ended!


Anyway, we had such a great time...thanks to Jeff for really being the one who made it happen. It would be awesome to make something like this an annual tradition!



Now switching gears, I thought I'd include a pic of our viewing party for our Renovation Realities show. So funny. I had to watch it back a 2nd time to actually hear the show since I missed everything the 1st time...I was laughing so hard at seeing us on t.v.

And switching gears again:

A couple nights ago we had our roadshow performances. I directed our ward's roadshow...so that has been a very busy and large part of my life for 2 months. Jake had the time of his life through all of our rehearsals...He was just one of the teenagers--they loved him and gave him so much attention. So of course Jake was always on stage through all of our rehearsals, and learned all the songs and dances. Earlier this last week, everyone in the cast started saying I had to let him be on stage for at least the Young Men's number. So we did...and guess what. I've got a little performer on my hands. He was a total ham and wasn't shy at all. They had a rock number to Sharp Dressed Man by ZZ Top. Jake stayed front and center and sang all the words and did the dance moves. It was really fun to watch. Our stake did it as a traveling roadshow. So we went to three buildings and performed it 3 times in one night. Here's Jake and Dallin in the parking lot.



Here's our committee that worked from beginning to end on the show. I really liked getting to know so many more people in my ward, both adults and the youth. We were really happy with how our show turned out...we had lots of musical numbers...it was ambitious, but we did it!

And here's some shots of Jake in the Sharp Dressed Man number with the Young Men. I couldn't help but stop doing director things during that number, and just watch and take pictures of my little boy:)


And that's my little rockstar

7 comments:

The Shaws said...

Jake stole the show. It was so cute and fun to watch him shine!

Karen said...

Fun post! You make me want to go on a weekend cruise. Jake is such a cute little guy... I love his costume. :)

Joanne said...

Ahhhh that is sooo fun! I've been looking for someone to go with me on a girls cruise trip or like a trip to san francisco. We'd have to it next time. I love Jake's rockstar get up. That roadshow rocked! :))

Lauren said...

Definitely we need to make it an annual tradition! Get jake an AGENT! He's such a cute, little stud muffin.

magunn said...

Jake ABSOLUTELY stole the show! Yours was without a doubt my favorite, and it was all thanks to that little man! And, without a doubt, your incredible wit. I can't believe you put that all together! So impressed.

Ashley said...

I would like a copy of the white piano picture! I would like to see who took serious pictures with that backdrop. Jake is too cute. Do you have a video of his acting debut?

Meghan Elaine said...

Hi Luisa! This is Molly's friend Meghan...kind of weird that I'm reading your blog? Well, I'm so glad that I did because I loved everything you wrote. My kids LOVE Toy Story too. We got them a bounce house also for their birthday, isn't that the best? The expression on their face is worth it alone! Congrats on your baby boy!