Okay, I seriously have the most awesome husband ever!! He threw me a surprise party that I seriously did not have the slightest idea was coming. At New Years, I had made the plan with my grandparents that we were going to go to their house on Saturday the 12th (we were helping them out with some things). Well, sneaky little Marc planned a party at their house that day...so you can see how I had no idea it was coming...we were going there for a plan I had made! Anyways, when we got to the house I walked in the door first and there was a whole group of people yelling Surprise! Words cannot possibly express the shock that the surprise had on me. My very first response was it scared the living daylights out of me...and then after those first few seconds I was so happy and laughing because I was just so surprised. From the shock, I felt my face get really hot and I of course turned bright red..and my heart was racing. It took me a few minutes to get back to normal:)
Marc along with my Grandma, Aunt Trina, and Jeff & Lauren had decorated, had a whole food spread, birthday cake, games planned and presents...it was a full on party. My extended family was there, friends, AND my Dad & Mike even drove down from Bakersfield for it. Marc had planned 2 games...the paper of questions to see who knows me the best, and an egg toss. It was so much fun...such a great party. Marc will have points from that for a long time:)
Marc needs to write a "How to" book on good husbandry! I've never met the guy, but with each post I'm getting more and more impressed! I'm glad you caught a good one - you deserve it! Happy belated Birthday!
That had to be hard on the old anxiety..but glad it was a good surprise! Looks like so much fun...and wish we could have been there! Your grandma's cake looked fantastic! Great job Marc! I love how you two are the PERFECT fit! I don't think I have ever met a better matched couple!!!
hey, random to post after this blog...but I know you'll read it:) so I need your actual address so I can send an traditional card/pic. o' boys! It's been on my counter for over a month since I don't have your # & have forgotten to ask Rach for either one! @ this rate, it'll be a Valentine-oh well!
Marc and I met in 2002 after I moved to Whittier, Ca from finishing school at BYU. He was going to Cal State Fullerton. We dated for about a year and a half and got married April 23, 2004. We lived in Brea for 3 1/2 years and then Torrance for 2 years. We bought our 1st house over a year ago in La Habra. Jake is 3 years old and definitely makes life fun. And now we have another one on the way!
7 comments:
Happy Belated Birthday Sweet Lu! The Parker boys & I wish you the best in coming year with motherhood, etc. :)
Wow- what a great husband you have - HAPPY BIRTHDAY mama-to-be!!!
Marc needs to write a "How to" book on good husbandry! I've never met the guy, but with each post I'm getting more and more impressed! I'm glad you caught a good one - you deserve it! Happy belated Birthday!
That had to be hard on the old anxiety..but glad it was a good surprise! Looks like so much fun...and wish we could have been there!
Your grandma's cake looked fantastic!
Great job Marc! I love how you two are the PERFECT fit! I don't think I have ever met a better matched couple!!!
What a great hubby!!! You look so cute prego!
hey, random to post after this blog...but I know you'll read it:) so I need your actual address so I can send an traditional card/pic. o' boys! It's been on my counter for over a month since I don't have your # & have forgotten to ask Rach for either one! @ this rate, it'll be a Valentine-oh well!
I want to come next time... that sounds so fun! Hope you are feeling well, you look great!
Post a Comment