Friday, October 17, 2008

Our trip to Missouri

I know many of you probably think you must be seeing things...yes, this is real, I have done a new blog post! I would like to think I always have a good excuse for all the things I'm not keeping up at...and so this time, I'll blame it on the internet. I really believe the internet gods have it out for me...because Marc seems to never have a problem getting on...but it seems to not work every time I try. I'm counting it as a miracle today that it is actually letting me do this post:)


There are many pictures that I've taken in the last couple months that I haven't put on the blog...but for now I'll skip those, and post about our recent trip to Missouri. We went for a week and a half and got back a couple weeks ago...it was so much fun.
It was Jake's first airplane ride...and while I'd heard many horror stories from friends about their baby's first plane rides...and how they screamed the whole way, or did the biggest blowout diapers ever...Jake was great on both rides there and back...we will count ourselves lucky this time!
This is Marc's sister Michelle and her husband Dean and daughter Kylie. They live in St. Louis and we stayed with them mostly the whole trip. It was so fun to see them, play with Kylie, and hang out. And while I'm not a big dog person, they have great dogs...this one time at the end of our trip I felt so upset when I found out the camera had erased all the pictures on our card, and while I was sitting on the couch feeling bummed, the dogs came up to me and put a ball in my lap to play with them...they had never done anything like that with me the whole week and a half we were there! Can they sense when you are sad? I thought that was very cool. (By the way, as you can see, we managed to get our pictures back). Don't ask me why Marc and I are doing the prom pose for this picture.
We went to Grant's Farm while we were there...it was fun...saw lots of animals, and fed the goats some milk...as if I'm not already doing enough milk feedings in a day:) Kickin it with the camel
the St. Louis arch
Jake doesn't look too impressed with being at the top
It was cool to see the rivers over there...the Mississippi River and the Missouri River...we took ferrys across on some driving ventures we went on
In the middle of the week we headed to Nauvoo...on the way we went through Hannibal, Missouri...where Mark Twain was from...if only Marc's high school english teachers could see him appreciating Mark Twain's stories now:)
We made it to Nauvoo and stayed there two nights. It was so awesome to be there again. I'd been there before but it was Marc's first time. We loved it and had fun learning about the way the Pioneers lived and learning all the church history.
At Carthage Jail
Uhhh...scary. The guys running the ox pulled wagon ride we went on made us hold their horns for a picture...wasn't so sure about that--
On the wagon ride
We drove back to be at Dean and Michelle's house for a few days before our flight to come home. Marc went fishing with Dean and Kylie while Michelle and I (and of course Jake) went shopping...always a favorite pastime:)
Cute cousin picture

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun trip. Paige and I went to Nauvoo during the temple's open house. It was one of the best vacations we've ever taken.

Valerie said...

Luisa you look great! Always so cute. I want to go to Nauvoo! What a great trip.

Monica Hudson said...

Looks like fun - what a great trip! And I'm impressed that Jake had such a great flight...must be his parents! ;-) Love ya!

Uffens Family said...

I was waiting and waiting! So glad you posted and so fun to see your trip, but mostly to see how big and adorable Jake is! Looks like a ton of fun...hopefully Jake adjusts to being home ok!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great trip! I'm so glad to see new pics. Jake is darling. Can't wait to see you guys!!!

Poe said...

ummmmmm Louisa!!!! Helllloooo!!! I live in St Louis! Would have loved to see ya. Where do they live? We take our guests to all those spots too. Next time maybe!

Ashley said...

I am so excited to see you posted. I would like to think it was the message I left on your cell phone that inspired this. People want to see Jake! Your trip looked like so much fun.

The Shaws said...

Finally, I see Marc's sister. You're right that they look alike. They have the same mouth and nose.

Jones Family said...

"Baby Jake" is so cute in all the pictures. I love his chubby little face. I'm so happy you blogged!!! Yea. It looks like you guys had a great trip!

ps. nice prom pose... blame it on Marc

Brittany said...

Luisa you look so great! Jake is such a handsome boy and I love the happy life of 2 parents and one baby... seriously it is SO fun.

Unknown said...

Great trip guys. Jake is so big now! He is going go give my boys a run for their money in the size of head department. :) congrats! Is Jake's head bigger than Kylie's?