Sunday, January 17, 2010

I am 30!!!

The date came. I am now a woman in her 30's. Now I have to wonder things like: Is it time to stop shopping in the Juniors section? Should I start listening to a lot more talk radio? Should I start working on my "I am not amused" look that I give rowdy teenagers? (That was my friend Ashley's advice). Should I not have whooped and hollered along with my young women when Taylor Lautner took his shirt off in the movie at the New Moon premiere? Should I start wearing mom jeans? Should I wear a fanny pack when I'm at amusement parks?

So many questions. I don't know what to do with a body that is getting older. My mind still thinks toilet papering sounds fun (good thing I am in young womens:) and car dancing to Britney Spears is a fun time. I just plan on being one of those embarassing moms for her teenagers who act like and think they are still "hip." Ok, just the fact that I used the word "hip" should have Jake worried already.
I had a good birthday. Marc and I went to Disneyland while my Aunt Trina watched Jake for us...so, we got to do all the grown-up rides (except for the Buzz Lightyear ride which became a little addictive for us because of our competitive nature:)

I was so excited to get my birthday pin (the little things in life excite me). And everyone in the park kept telling me Happy Birthday...so it makes you feel extra special.

This is on Hollywood Tower of Terror...geez I love that ride:)

Marc also planned and threw a birthday party for me, where he arranged to have me and some friends go get pedicures, while the boys watched the kids. And when we got back, the party started with both family and friends. We had pizza, cake and played a trivia game that Marc had planned...so fun!

9 comments:

Natalie said...

Glad you had a good birthday Luisa. I laughed so hard at the changes you will be making now that you are getting older. If you need any tips I am really good at the disapproving look.

Ashley said...

I have been practicing my look even though I still have six months to go. Your birthday looked like a lot of fun.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Luisa!!! Wow are you old! I've got another 2 and half months before I hit the big 3-0! I still think all those kinds of things are fun too. GOod thing I'm in young women's too! I wonder if we will ever grow up?!

Lauren said...

It looks like you creamed marc in the buzz lightyear game. I'm sure he would appreciate that comment. You SHOULD definitely wear mom jeans with a fanny pack driving a minivan giving a mean glare to a teenager in a car next to you listening to the Jonas brothers. hey, now you have a halloween costume for this year.

Uffens Family said...

Happy Birthday Lu!

roylancemommy said...

Happy Belated Birthday Luisa!! Sounds like you had such a fun day. We might be taking our Young Women to Disneyland in the Spring... (so funny so many of us are in YW :)

Joy said...

Your "Maren & Ryan Layton" link on the side of your blog links to my blog, but I am not Maren Layton, I am Joy Layton. I believe you should double-check your link. Thanks.

Monica Hudson said...

"Hip" will always be in your vocabulary - it's just your nature, love - embrace it! You are one hot 30-year-old mama! Happy Birthday!!

Anonymous said...

It was really fun! We had a great time. Marc did great planning your Birthday Party. Will he plan Jake's 2nd Bday party?