Wednesday, January 27, 2010

We got a house!!!

Finally!! After 8 long months of househunting, and somewhere around 20 offers, we got a house! It's in a nice neighborhood and on a culdesac. I tried to post video of the inside of the house, but was having technical difficulties (as usual:) So here are pics:

When you walk in, this room is to your right:

This is the view standing by the fireplace and looking back towards the front entry. It has an attached garage (that is the open door you see). And this room has a vaulted ceiling.

Another view from the fireplace (you can go into the kitchen)

When you walk inthe front door, you can either go to the living room on your right, or go straight ahead to a family room area. The kitchen can be entered from both rooms.

This is the view when standing in the kitchen. The sliding glass door on the right goes out to the back yard. The hall to the bedrooms is straight ahead. The door you see is to the master bedroom.

Here is the master bedroom (sorry picture is dark)

Another view of master bedroom. It has vaulted ceiling too.

Here is the master bath. It is a 3/4 bath...the shower is to the right.

The walk in closet.

This is the view of the hall from the door of the master bedroom. There's a bedroom on the left and one on the right. And obviously the hall bathroom is straight ahead.

Here is the bedroom on the right. It could be used as an office. It has sliding glass doors out to the backyard patio.
Here is the bedroom on the left...most likely Jake's bedroom.
Well, there it is! And the video of the backyard is down below. Of course we are excited to make some changes to the house to make it our own now. I think that will be a lot of fun. And I can't wait to decorate! We will be moving in a month...so it is time to start packing and getting ready for the move. I can't believe it!

20 comments:

Uffens Family said...

It is absolutely beautiful...and I am not just saying that. Out of all the ones I saw this one is so pretty! I love the front room and the kitchen seems really open! Excited to come stay!!! :) So So happy for you guys!! Wanna come up to Tai Pan to decorate?????????

Rach said...

Luisa! So exciting! Congratulations! I definitely want to come visit you this summer, I'll babysit for you! ;) And definitely keep the lemon tree, then you can make the best lemonaid ever!

Monica Hudson said...

Awesome!!! Congrats! It will be so nice to settle in and make it your own. Enjoy and I can't wait to see more pics once you've put your own touch on it! ;-)

trimarie said...

Hooray! It is going to be so much fun to fluff up your own little nest! Congratulations!

Lauren said...

aww. LOVE tai pan! I'm glad it finally worked out as I'm sure you are too. Can't wait to see what it looks like w/ Luisa's finishing touches.

Ashley said...

Your house is so great. I am so excited for you guys. I say keep the lemon tree!

Unknown said...

Congrats! SO fun buying your first house...and decorating your first house. Enjoy it!

Stephanie said...

wow!!! awesome! congrats lu!

Anne said...

Congratulations, Luisa! That is wonderful news!

Michael & Shawna Trimmell said...

Congrats, it's beautiful! Where is your new house?

Anonymous said...

AMAZING!!! congrats :)
-Tiff

Anonymous said...

Congratulation!!! It is Beautiful!!! I love Lemons save some for me :)). I will really miss ya Chika :)

Adam and Cristina Smith said...

congratulations!! Having your own place is awesome. Enjoy decorating!!

Kim said...

Looks so exciting! Congrats you guys! I can just imagine Jake lobbing for the room with the sliding door so he can sneak out at night. just kidding (hopefully)!

The Shaws said...

Wow. I like it even more seeing the pics on the blog and not just the small camera view I saw before. I still think my favorite part is those awesome windows that give such a sweet view!

Brittany said...

It worked out!!! I am SO happy for you. Your living areas are HUGE! The cul-de-sac will be the best part in a few years... you are so lucky!

Katie Schultz said...

HAHAHA I just got so giddy for you seeing your new house. I love it and I love that you are on a culdesac. I have always wanted to live on a culdesac , it is so much safer for kids to play outside that way.

Valerie said...

So exciting!! I can't wait to see it after you decorate. It looks like you have so much space! Congrast!

Molly Malia said...

yay! that is so exciting! it's way cute! good luck with the move and have fun decorating! xoxo miss you guys!

Unknown said...

Congratulation!!!! Can't wait to visit. A cul de sac is the best! I don't think I'll ever be able to not live in one. What city are you in?