So this is the before...
and here's the After!
I am so happy with how it turned out. It made all the days, late nights, and weekends of working on it worth it...(I think..haha:) Let's hope the rest of my house projects don't take as much time and thought as this one did (although I'm sure they will). I spent several weeks bringing home samples of stacked stone because that was my original plan. Then one Friday night Marc and I went to Home Depot and bought everything we needed to do the stone fireplace. We were there for hours. We got home and were watching a movie, and I saw a picture online of a fireplace and changed my mind on the spot. You should have heard me telling that one to Marc:) Anyway, we got the tile and mouldings and everything we needed to do it like this. Who knew you could actually spend an ENTIRE Saturday and only accomplish putting up one piece of moulding??! Pathetic, but very true. Another holdup was that I actually had grouted the tile with a different color first and didn't like it, and then chipped it all out. So anyway, we had our share of setbacks on this, but it all turned out in the end.So I'm thinking I might do more frequent updates on the house, since it's pretty much my obsession right now anyways. It'll make it more fun to chart my progress. So now our current projects are mounting the t.v. over the fireplace (we had to open up the wall)...and I'm painting. I painted Jake's room over the weekend and am working on setting up his Cars bedroom (more pics to come on that.)

8 comments:
i hope you do add more posts 'cuz t'is fun to see the updates...i'm impressed that you changed your mind on the last huge one (big undertaking despite small space) & still managed to accomplish beautifully:) can't wait to see how jake's room turns out-my boys' rooms still have yet to be painted after 6 yrs, but chris said he was feeling urge this past weekend so we will see if stadium mural actually comes to pass:) anyway, i will be hoping for thunderbolts-kachow! to show them...trick is getting it done with lil' guy underfoot eh?
wow. i like the last pix of the fireplace to see it at a distance. It looks great! that is the mother of all crown mouldings. I can see why it took all day to put it up. did you build over the brick or tear it out? just think this winter you can sit w/ your feet up, watch tv, and and have the fireplace on.
Luisa! I love it! Please keep updating on everything you do. I totally look forward to it.j
Marc is so patient! Geoff would have killed me. but you do have good taste...in my opinion it was worth it :)
As someone who is remodeling a house also, I am impressed that you actually changed your mind and fixed the grout. I am starting to get lazy and let things go all the time now. Like paint, it isn't the color I had imagined, but I am just going to work with it cause I don't want to look for the right color.
Congrats! Lots of work, but you will do such a great job..... I was laughing today after church as a random memory came to mind of us eating ham and pickle sandwiches.....um that was random....but yes we did make some of those....I just had to have one. Anyway, thought of you and wanted to say hi. Have fun remodeling that house of yours. :)
It did turn out to be the mother of all mouldings...haha:) It wasn't so much planned to be that many, but I got on a roll of putting mouldings up and couldn't stop!
WOWOWOWOWOW!!! You are AH-Mazing!!!!! You need to help me re-do our fireplace!!!!! love...love...love!!!!
Post a Comment