Ok, not literally heat exhaustion...I'm being just a bit dramatic. But ever since we knocked down the wall and had to disconnect the A/C thermostat, we haven't been able to get it working again. We connected all the wires properly and just couldn't get it to turn on. That was almost 2 WEEKS ago. Now, our whole marriage we haven't had A/C, and one of my least favorite things to do is blowdry my hair and put on makeup while sweating...just not one of my favorite past times. I dreamed of the day of having central air...and now that I've had it and have been spoiled, it's misery to not have it...not only because I'm hot and lethargic every afternoon, and not only because I don't have to add salt to the dinners I'm cooking because the salt in my dripping sweat onto the food is enough (ok, again a bit dramatic), but also because Jake's naps only last a half hour until he comes out of his room as if he's just been in the bath...and his naptime is my prime time to work on house stuff. But I kept not calling a guy to come out because I kept thinking we could figure out where we went wrong in disconnecting it. I even said at one point..."I wonder if it's as simple as a switch got tripped on the furnace that we just have to reset." Sure enough...we had a guy come out tonight, he took off the cover and just had to flip a switch. I've been suffering for 2 weeks and just a switch needed to be flipped?! ! Crazy. Oh well...I am back to happy afternoons at home:)
Jan 15th, 2017
9 years ago
5 comments:
Getting ready in the morning without a/c is horrible. I'm with you I could never go back after being spoiled.
Sweating while getting ready is the worst thing ever. We will need to come see your house when we are in California in August, so make sure it is all done by then!
Nothing like cranking the a.c.!
Don't you HATE it when it's something easy and stupid like that?! Glad it's going for you again.
ohhhhhhhhhhhh, I dont know what to say...sweaty,cranky Mama. And again, I just wanted to see your reaction when the guy just flipped the switch. Ohhhh i know how it is. Glad to hear that everything's working again. :))
Post a Comment