Sunday, June 13, 2010

The t.v. is up! And the next project has begun...

The t.v. is up!! We actually got it done on Thursday. Well, technically it was EARLY Friday morning:) We were up til 3 am. We finished drywalling, I textured the wall, painted it, and then Marc and Chris got to work on mounting that sucker up there.
And...drumroll please....here it is!It was really weird at first to see our t.v. up high like that. And, knowing how heavy it is...like 80 lbs...it was a little nerve racking to trust that it won't be crashing to the ground. We got a t.v. mount where we can pull the t.v. straight out. It is so crazy...it looks like it is floating in mid-air. I should take a picture of that at some point. But I think it would be really cool to watch a movie that way.

Well, you know me, I didn't waste any time starting right into the next project...Saturday we opened up our wall that separates the family room from the dining/kitchen area. Our friend Kenneth has renovated lots of houses and he really knows what he's doing...so we enlisted his help. Here's after the demolition. They had fun dropkicking the drywall and seeing how far they could make it fly.

Here's getting the 10 foot header up since it's a loadbearing wall. It was a tense few minutes while they were getting this up...that header isn't light...
And here's where we are at now. After they got the header up, they worked on getting the electrical running properly. Our plan is to close the opening on the left that was already there, and move the opening to the right (as you can clearly see:) haha. But we aren't leaving it that open. It will be a 4 1/2 foot opening with pocket sliding french doors. So that's why we had to open up the whole wall, because you have to put in a huge frame for the pocket doors to slide into. So, wish us luck on getting it all closed up again...

5 comments:

trimarie said...

Wow! You got a LOT done! Can't wait to see the finished project.

Lauren said...

excited to see how the french doors will look. it's hard for me to picture where the cut out of that wall is in the house.

The Shaws said...

The TV above the fireplace looks amazing! Seriously. I am liking the wall gone too. I bet your trash cans are full.

Kim said...

holy cow luisa, you're so brave!! it's all coming along and looking fabulous bit by bit!

Anonymous said...

true, you are brave!!!! I cant wait to see it :)) . When can you come over to help me design our home. pls!!!!..seriously!~