Monday, November 5, 2007

Halloween

Here we are as Homer and Marge! We borrowed the costumes from my friend Katie who made all of it...

Halloween night was so crazy and so much fun. We decided to go to "The Parade" in West Hollywood...half a million people were there! It's not really a parade, it is this big party on Santa Monica Boulevard where they've blocked off a section of the street...there's a big stage set up where they had bands play and a costume contest...then they have booths all down the street...kind of like a carnival. But the coolest part is just seeing that EVERYONE there is dressed up...and there are a lot of cool costumes that people are in. We expected to see a lot of drag queens since it is West Hollywood...but actually we didn't see nearly as many as we thought we would. Marc was so bummed...haha:) But here is the craziest part...from the second we got there, the reaction was huge to us as Homer and Marge...we literally got to experience what it feels like to be celebrities. We were asked to be in pictures continuously the whole time we were there...there were times we couldn't even walk because there was a line of people waiting to take a picture with us...we had no idea there would be this kind of a reaction...people seriously love the Simpsons out there...everyone was so excited about it and high fiving us, running up and hugging Homer, etc. We even experienced the paparazzi feel because even when we weren't posing in pictures people were just snapping them of us at all moments....it was nuts, but so fun. But let me say I am so glad we could go back home and just be anonymous, regular people:)
Here we are with JackWith Lucy and Ricky...
With Dwight Schrute (for you Office fans)
With Jack Skellington from The Nightmare Before Christmas
We weren't exactly sure what these people were...but they definitely committed to some all out costumes
Here's some drag queens for you:) They were the cheerleaders from Heroes...they were walking around calling out for Claire--it was funny to watch

13 comments:

Uffens Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Uffens Family said...

Ok Marge!! You have the cutest baby bump I have ever seen!!! I love it! Great costumes too...you and Marc make the perfect pair!

Valerie said...

Oh my, those costumes are awsome!!! I can't believe your friend made them. Sounds like you guys had a blast.

Anonymous said...

looks like you might have to do a repeat tour with baby Bart next year:) how did you get your blue hair to stay up?? any real celeb sightings (no offense:))?

Luisa said...

My friend made that whole wig using chicken wire, batting, and spray paint...and no real celeb sightings that night (thanks a lot
Beck! :) j/k)

Courtney said...

That is SSOOOO great!! I just love that you and Marc go out and do such fun stuff like that!!!

Anne said...

great costumes! it looks like you guys had an awesome time. :) i'm sure your next few halloweens will be quite different! ;)

Laura said...

Luisa...What a cute Marge Simpson. Yes...I do miss Hawaii often!!!! I wish I could have graduated from there. Looks like you are still lucky enough to live by the beach. Congrats on being pregnant by the way. I don't know if I told you that before...but that's awesome.

Natalie said...

I want my picture with HOmer and Marge too! What great costumes. I love that you guys are in a bunch of random people's photos!

Urmston Family said...

Hey Luisa,it's Jill (stotler) Urmston from Bakersfield hope you remember me. Congrats on the new addition you are having. You look so great and sounds like you and your husband are having a great time. You can even look great painted orange with blue hair. Take care ~Jill

Brandi said...

Hey Luisa, I was inspired to comment by Jill's. This is Brandi (Peterson) Sessions. Congrats on the baby, you and your hubby look so cute. Your blog voice made me miss you it sounds so exactly like my favorite Luisa!

Luisa said...

Hey Jill and Brandi...it is so fun to hear from the both of you! Do you guys have blog pages? I want to catch up on what you've been up to!

Stephanie said...

i love it! best costumes ever! you make a very cute pregnant marge.