Monday, March 31, 2008

The Waiting Game

I thought I'd send out an update...as of now, still no baby! I had no idea it got this hard at the end...the waiting! And my due date isn't even until tomorrow...but yet I feel like I'm a week overdue. I'm just so excited for him to get here, and every day all I think about is "maybe it's gonna happen today." And so every day that passes makes it seem like time is moving SO slow. Before when I'd hear girls complain at the end of their pregnancy about the day not being here fast enough, I'd think..."what's it matter? You know you'll have your baby within a week or two." But now, I so get it! It is such a weird feeling not knowing when the moment is going to come! Anyways, now that I've complained about that for long enough...I think we're going to induce this week anyways...my dr. said she'd do it as long as I'm over my due date...so we're figuring, why not?? We'll see--and I'll keep you posted:)

10 comments:

betsy said...

Hang in there and good luck!

Anonymous said...

In a few more days my years and years of waiting to be a grandma will be over.....my first grandchild will be born and I will hold him in my arms. Thank you, Luisa, and Marc, for being the great people that you are....I know already what fabulous parents he will have...and how much you will love him....as for Grandma Teri and Grandpa Mark....we will love him with all our hearts and we're gonna spoil him as much as possible!

Traci Elizabeth said...

Hey Luisa...I know it stinks to wait! I was a week overdue with Olivia and so they induced me. I had Boston on Saturday and he was 12 days early! My recommendation is not to be induced unless the doctor strongly recommends it. My labor with being induced was HORRIBLE! With Boston, it was so easy! Either way, Good luck, I am so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

Good luck and call me

Rebecca Parker said...

Thinking of you Lu (& Mark of course 'cuz we all know how difficult it'll be for him to breathe during labor:))... Induction wasn't as bad for me as your other friend mentioned & I definitely liked being in control of knowing when I was going into labor:)since you still don't really know how it'll be during the hardest part! You'll be fine & I can't wait to see pics. So make sure you teach Marc how to post in case you're otherwise occupied:) Does this lil' guy have a name yet OR are you keepin' top-secret until he graces us with his presence?!

Jones Family said...

Oh, I remember those days. I feel your pain. I hated how every little feeling you have you think, ohh! is that a contraction? I hope you have your baby NOW! When I was at your stage I would do squats constantly and jump all over the living room... Kevin thought I was crazy... well, I was. Just the thought of this huge thing in you FOREVER makes you go crazy! Maybe your next blog will be after you have your baby!

Valerie said...

My Dr. said he'd induce me if I went a week over my due date. Just knowing that helped with the anxiousness. It must have helped because Sophia came 4 days past due date on her own and we ended up not needing the help to get things started. Enjoy your sleep right now if you can get any. I know your're probably pretty uncomfortable at this point. So exciting.

Anonymous said...

Love ya Lu....and marc and ?
Are you ready for the greatest day of your life! Never is the Spirit so close....Just know we are excited to hear of "his" arrival and we celebrate with you...ENJOY the JOURNEY! Love, the Shaw

Courtney said...

AH! You have had your baby by now...YAH!!!! Congrats, Lu! And thanks to your sweet husband, Marc for giving my dad some info! You guys are great!

Amanda said...

I heard your baby came! Congratulations!